4.26.2006

Mental Preparedness Clinic

Ok...so I admit that part of my challenge in sustaining training throughout the season & staying focused on my training goals is lack of mental toughness/preparedness. The SJR clinic tonight couldn't come at a better time. A seasoned triathlete and coach is coming tonight to talk through how to stay tough during times when you lack motivation, or have injuries, or just when the going gets tough. One of my coaches (the fabulous Rebecca) sees this woman every month to keep herself together mentally for her training and races. If Rebecca says she's good, she must be the bomb! So I'm going ... and I'll be eager to report back the things I've learned.

Then I'm off to dindin at Soi4 (best Thai restaurant in Oakland) with my good friends Myla & Beau. During training, I don't go out to eat that much since I try to better control what I eat, but I just couldn't resist seeing Bogdan (that's his real God-given name - how his parents got Beau (and especially that spelling of Beau) out of that, I'll never know!), who I haven't seen since October! And if you knew Myla ... well ... you'd know why I am going against my training regimen!

2 Comments:

At Thu Apr 27, 03:01:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I tried to go to that clinic in Oakland last night, but they had CHANGED the time without changing it on their website. I'm not part of the "See Jane Tri" training team, so I didn't get the email that apparently went to that list about the time change. Thus I was only able to catch the last few minutes. :(

Those few minutes were still good, though. I can only imagine how good the rest of it was.

I was the grumpy looking girl standing in the back of the group near the end. Where were you sitting? :)

 
At Thu Apr 27, 05:27:00 PM, Blogger Laura @ itsjustlaura said...

The clinic was really, really good. I was sitting on the left in the 2nd row. Hopefully you got the handout she gave us about imagery. Too bad you missed it, and too bad they didn't update the website about the time. I don't usually go to their clinics, but this one was awesome!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home