3.29.2006

My first blog posting!

I'm a little nervous, to tell you the truth. I got the idea just about 30 minutes ago to have a blog, and voila!!

This blog will be primarily about my triathlon training experience this year. I'm in my 3rd year as a triathlete, and I've completed these tris:

Napa Valley Tri (2004, Sprint - my very first tri!)
San Jose Mountain Bike Tri (2004, Sprint)
Tiburon Triathlon (2004, Sprint)
TriOne Triathlon (2004, Olympic, did the swim portion for my relay team)
San Jose International Tri (2005, Olympic)
Tiburon Triathlon (2005, Sprint)
I'm training now with the See Jane Tri team (all-women's triathlon training group) for the Auburn Sprint Tri on May 20, 2006. I'm already 5 weeks into training, 7 more weeks to go. The biggest challenge I'm facing right now is figuring out how to balance all of my training with work (I just started a new job 3 weeks ago) and spending time with Kellie, my ultra-awesome and ultra-supportive SO.

My goals for this triathlon season:
1 - Place in my age group
2 - Stay safe and injury-free during training
3 - Run a 10k the whole way through (no walking!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home