4.01.2006

4 mile run!

Whew, what a workout this morning! Every Saturday morning, as part of SJT training, we have some sort of longer workout. This morning was a 2 - 4 mile run for us sprinters, starting at Marina Green in SF and running along the water.

I have to say that I am loving my HRM. I took the coach's advice from Thursday and ran at a pace that 1) I could run at forever, and 2) kept my HR less than 150 bpm. Well, I couldn't quite get it as low as 150, but I did keep it around 155 the whole time. That's the way to train. I was running much slower than I would've normally without the HRM, but I knew I was getting a good workout, and I felt amazing when I finished. I started out rough (new shoes were giving me shin splints), but once I got past the first mile, it was smooth sailing.

I love those endorphins! I feel like I could run another 4 miles! And running along the beautiful SF Bay on a Saturday morning? There really is nothing better. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home