4.25.2006

Blowing winds

I had an interesting conversation today with one of my good friends.

I was telling my friend that I have decided to do a half marathon this year, and she made a comment about how things change with me as often as the wind blows. (She'll probably kill me when she reads this, because I know that's not exactly what she said, but it was something like that.) Anyway, after my initial denial, I got to thinking that she's absolutely right. (You're welcome, Ostepho!) I do get a lot of ideas about things I want to accomplish, and they come & go throughout my training. Kellie is always getting an earful when I come home from work about things I've thought about & what the "new thing I'm going to do" is that day. Either it's a new way to train, or the latest way I learned to measure my max HR, or a new swim drill I'm going to try, or that I'm going to do a half marathon this year. I'm not exaggerating when I tell you that I tell her about a "new thing I'm going to do" every single day. Sometimes I actually stick with what I'm going to do, but more often than I'd like to admit (you're welcome again, Ostepho!), I'm onto something new the next week.

And no matter what it is, she listens to me just as intently as if it's the best thing she's heard all day. She encourages me, tells me how my "new thing I'm going to do" makes complete sense, how it sounds like it will fit in well with my training, and then she tells me that she has the utmost confidence that I'll accomplish whatever I set my mind to. No matter what, that's what she tells me. And she means it.

That's why I love her so much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home