2.12.2007

This week's plan (w/o 2/12)

I think of my workout weeks from Monday to Sunday. I even have my training calendar printed out that way so I can manage my week effectively. I've just completed week 5 of training, and I'm feeling stronger than ever! Boot camp is going very well. My training for the Cinderella ride is going very well, too. And I've just started my training for the 1/2 marathon, and so far, so good.

Monday - Boot camp & 30 min run
Tuesday - 30 min swim
Wednesday - Boot camp
Thursday - 30 min run
Friday - OFF
Saturday - 3 mile run
Sunday - 50 mile bike ride

As I'm writing this, it's Monday around lunchtime, and I've already been to boot camp & ran my 30 minutes this morning. I had the most fabulous run today, and I credit my ipod! Last night, I created a playlist of songs that (1) I absolutely love & (2) lasted 30 mins total. I tell you, it made all the difference in the world! My favorite song right now is by Scissor Sisters called I Don't Feel Like Dancin', and I had it as my 2nd song and as my last song on the playlist. Well, when I got to that song at the end of my workout, I started tearing up. I've never thought of myself as much of a runner. I've always struggled with shin splints, and I've just never had it in me to do much running. It's by far my hardest sport of the three at triathlons. But to have completed an entire 30 mins of running was momentous for me, and a moment that I want to remember. I always seem to do just as much walking as running in my workouts, but this was different. And I felt soooo strong after the workout. I think that's why I got emotional ... that I still felt so strong & powerful after the run that I could've kept going if I wanted to. I've never felt that way with running.

And all because of my ipod! :)

Happy Monday, everyone! Hope you all have a good week

1 Comments:

At Sun Feb 25, 07:50:00 AM, Blogger Beau said...

Runs like this are the best. I hope you have many more of them!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home