5.01.2006

1st Brick workout

This weekend was the first brick workout I've done this season. I decided to do a bike/run brick Sunday afternoon, with the help of my awesome partner, Kellie. So I headed out on my bike, heading up Spruce St, and followed Grizzly Peak for 30 minutes. This map is the route I took. Once I hit 30 minutes (which was only 3 1/2 miles, but it was all uphill - I swear!!!), I turned around and headed back home. The descent only took me 10 minutes, which was awesome! I think I got up to 29 mph!

You know what my big beef is re: biking? When cyclists aren't verbal! Normal cycling etiquette says that when you pass someone, you say, "On your left!" It's more safe & lets me know you're coming up behind. How hard is that? However, time and time again, I get passed by completely silent cyclists. And do you know who I generally find that these people are? Men. I just don't understand it. It's in their best interests as well.

Ok, I'm off my pedestal. Back to the workout ...

When I got back home, Kellie was all ready to run with me. She had on her shoes & workout clothes and was ready to go. So we headed out to do a 2 mile run to Monterrey Market, where we were going to pick up stuff for dinner, and then walk back home. The 2 mile run was great - just as planned - except Monterrey Market was closed!!! And if you know the area, you know there isn't anything around there. So Plan B - we walked from there to Andronico's on Solano, where we got the hankerin' for salmon. However, Andronico's had terrible looking salmon, so we walked some more down Solano to Safeway and picked up salmon (who ever heard of going to Safeway from Andronico's to pick up something like salmon?). Kellie is a starbucks fiend (pot calling kettle black, I know), so we stopped there on our way back home.

Fun, fun workout - best because I wasn't alone. Less than 3 weeks of training left until the tri!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home