2.12.2007

Last week's workout schedule (w/o 2/5)

Last week was a great week, workout-wise! I have a weekly workout schedule that I create at the beginning of every week. Try as I might, I'm not always able to get in the workouts I plan, either because of time constraints (more an excuse than anything!) or more often than not, I'm just not motivated.

Last week was different. I completed my entire workout schedule ... 6 days of workouts.

Monday - Boot camp & 20 min run
My 1/2 marathon training schedule says I need to run twice during the week, with my long endurance run on the weekend. I've decided to use the time after boot camp on Mondays to put in my 1st run of the week. I'm already warmed up, and it's good training after I've done boot camp for an hour and 15 minutes! So after boot camp, which was at Frog Park, I took off down the residential streets of Rockridge and put in 20 mins of running. It was good, but it got kinda boring because I didn't bring my ipod!

Tuesday - 60 mins on the bike at the gym
My 1/2 marathon training schedule says I only need to cross train 30 mins, but since I'm training for the Cinderella Ride at the end of March, I put in more time on the bike today. I burned 300 calories & rode 15.5 miles.

Wednesday - Boot camp
Wednesday marked the end of Week #5 of boot camp. We trained at Seabreeze Market near the Berkeley Marina, and when we train there, we always seem to run more!!

Thursday - Off
Every gal needs a day off every once in a while! :)

Friday - 20 min run
Actually, it was a 20 min walk. Kellie and I decided to put in our time by parking the car at the North Berkeley BART and walking to REI. I had to pick up a package there (I'm an REI outlet nut!), so it seemed a good thing to do. Only thing that wasn't planned was that REI was having an amazing sale, and we ended up spending another $200 on workout clothes & shoes between the two of us. All worth it, I say! :)

Saturday - 33 mile bike ride at the gym
Our 40 mile Cinderella training ride got cancelled because of the rain, so I put in 2 1/2 hours at the gym, rode 33 miles, and burned 675 calories. My plan was to ride the same 40 miles we were supposed to do on the ride, but it just got boring at the gym. Despite having plenty of things to read, and lots of Texas Hold 'Em to watch on the TV screen attached to the bike, I still got bored and could only make it through 2 1/2 hours on a stationery bike.

Sunday - 2 mile run
After a very restful night's sleep & waking up at 10:30, Kellie and I headed out the door and ran our 1st week's 1/2 marathon training endurance run of 2 miles. It was an easy run ... from the Marin Circle down Marin to Carmel, and then back again. A great way to start a Sunday.

So there you go. I worked out 6 days last week, virtually unheard of for me. I'm feeling so good today, although my quads hurt a little bit. But that's all par for the course, I think. :)

Have a good week, my marathon, triathlon, cycling, and training friends!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home